Key components of Miriam Academy’s academic program include:
- A commitment to serving students within a 10:1 student/teacher ratio, with smaller group breakouts for academic supports.
- A staffing model that includes content area teachers, a special education teacher and a guidance counselor to provide individual support to Miriam Academy students and families regarding high school and post-secondary goals.
- An emphasis on integrated social skills development throughout the school day.
- An academic curriculum comprised of the core disciplines of English/language arts, math, science and social studies, plus health/physical education and fine arts.
- Individual supports tailored to each student’s needs, including a daily learning strategy time, as well as speech and language therapy and occupational therapy.
- Technology integration, including a 1:1 laptop program, to enhance learning opportunities.
- Project-based and interactive learning strategies utilized within each classroom.
- Exploration into the community, including field trips, to augment and enrich classroom learning.
- A balance of in-class learning and physical activity/sensory breaks built into each day.
- Encouraged participation in extracurricular activities to promote social interaction and leadership skills. Chess, robotics, bowling, archery, yearbook and school newspaper are some possibilities.
Ready to learn more about applying? Read about our admissions process here.